Ultrasonic Retest Technician
The Ultrasonic Test Technician will be responsible for the utilization of testing equipment to perform non-destructive inspections on compressed gas cylinders. This role will be responsible for the set up and calibration of equipment, testing, evaluating, reporting and interpreting results.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily set up and ongoing calibration of the UT testing equipment as needed.
- Conducts daily cylinder testing according to established KPI’s and records results using the established methodology. Provide management with daily testing results including quantity and findings.
- Closely monitor the display terminals and equipment read outs to identify any issues, equipment problem or major deviations from expected results.
- Records cylinder serial numbers using dictation software.
- Interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, specification, and recommend further testing if applicable.
- Communicate with third party inspection company and auditors, as required, to explain process and methodology used, testing results and findings.
- Assists with training of Level I Technicians.
- Required to stay current in training, certifications and methodology.
- Ensure all safety and work procedures are followed.
- Comfortable in the efficient use of PPE.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS:
- Level II Ultrasonic Certification to SNT-TC-1A with minimum 9500 Cylinders tested in 1 months’ time will be required to fulfill this role. Training and certification will be provided by SodaStream.
- Able to lead in the manufacture of calibration standards. Preferable to have experience with operating a portable drill press and down draft table.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- This role requires strong attention to detail, good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination, close observation of equipment will be required.
- Proficient with Microsoft windows based software programs, excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to complete a basic reading, writing and math skills test. High School Diploma required.
- Overtime and shift work required
- Strong work ethic, detail to attention and teamwork attitude.
- Warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
- Ergonomics evaluation of physical requirements of position (routinely requires standing, walking, squatting, lifting up to 50lbs)
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, typing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
SodaStream USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity