The Quality Manager is responsible for providing quality testing, analysis, and review to ensure that production quality and schedule standards are being achieved. Designs, implements, and promotes overall food safety and quality program initiatives within the plant environment.
- Implements and maintains quality systems to ensure facility compliance with Canadian Food Inspection Agency and third-party audits.
- Inspects, tests, and analyzes incoming material before use in production. Records findings and reports any deviations or NCR’s.
- Inspects, tests, records, and reviews statistical process data to ensure production quality is being achieved.
- Trains and supports manufacturing personnel in quality systems to maximize product quality.
- Conducts ongoing audits within the facility to ensure federal and company quality standards are being complied with.
- Initiates problem solving activities relating to quality parameter issues.
- Supports the continuous training, record keeping, and maintenance of the quality practices within the Plant.
- Aids in the implementation of quality systems to achieve ISO 22000 certification.
- Ensure all safety and work procedures are followed while conducting audits.
Water Made Exciting!
At SodaSteam, we are growing fast and looking for problem-solvers and thought leaders that are ready to grow with us. If you have the energy and determination, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. We have fantastic benefits and a variety of perks that create an outstanding work environment for all our employees.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with Employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science and 5 years minimum of prior quality assurance-related experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong mathematical ability to perform quality related calculations related to SPC/Six Sigma.
- Detail oriented, goal oriented and ability to complete tasks under deadline pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to influence, leadership.
- Strong work ethic, detail to attention and teamwork attitude.
- Familiarity with compliance to CFIA standards and third-party food certifications, i.e. ISO/BRC/SQF.
- Familiarity with PHMSA DOT 3AL1800 and ISO 7866 cylinder regulation a plus