Category Manager - UK
The United Kingdom is the home country of SodaStream, where the company was founded in 1903.
In late 2017, the focus in the UK market became a top priority and the brand entered a “reinventive process” with a new positioning, new visuals and a new marketing and sales strategy.
The Category Manager is a key function in executing our marketing strategy in the UK market. This role is pivotal in connecting all the units (Marketing, Sales, Logistics and Finance) towards one goal.
The position reports to Marketing Director UK.
Main responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identify the consumer needs in the local market and translate it into commercial opportunities; analyze the market and the competitors and devise strategies to explore opportunities
- Identify growth opportunities in each product area
- Plan the category strategy per client
- Adapt and manage the category portfolio and product roadmap
- Devise the category strategy for the UK and Ireland markets
Product Marketing and Budgets
- Define the local RRPs, pricing and coordinate with Sales promotional levels
- Plan and execute with Trade Marketing new product launches
- Support Trade Marketing when collaborating with agencies (media, creative, PR) to develop activities
- Support the local adaptation of global communications (adverts, promotions, etc.)
- Create and align sell-in strategy for the category
- Prepare support materials for the sell-in process, with specific account sell-in arguments
- Responsible for the initial stock order of new products
- Organize samples for clients
- Manage relationships with HQ
- Monitor and steer product availability, coordinated with Logistics and Sales
- Track target achievement development (revenue, profitability, market share, listings, etc.)
- Support Customer Care team on quality and product related queries
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 3+ years working in a similar role within a CPG environment
- Strong analytical skills are required. Including the ability to analyze multiple sources of data and recommend actions based on key findings.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. required.
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills needed.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines.
- Ability to work independently & multi-task well.