Director of Communications
The Director of Marketing Communications will drive marketing strategy and world-class marketing execution of all communication, public relations, digital and social media presence, through a variety of associated marketing activities designed to increase brand’s digital and PR presence and to increase household penetration and retention.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement Sodastream USA communication strategy and plans to drive awareness, household penetration and consumer retention grounded in core consumer benefits.
- Develop and implement Sodastream strategy for "special interest communities"
- Develop creative ways to present the Sodastream brand and it’s positioning via media, online outlets, blogger networks, and social channels
- Drive overall awareness through owned, paid and earned media and proactively develop innovative communication tactics utilizing emerging social and digital media channels
- Responsible for growing social presence: raise the creative bar and build a community
- Foster direct relationships with key media outlets where appropriate and work to secure high profile media coverage
- Measure and analyze effectiveness of all activity with an eye toward ROI and driving sales, and provide monthly metric reporting
- Manage multiple PR, social, creative and media agencies to craft and implement awareness-driving campaigns and event activations that push the product’s brand positioning/messaging to a mass audience
- Manage the development of creative elements to be used in PR, on social, or in other channels, as needed; proofread, copy write and generally manage collateral material to ensure compliance with company design requirements
- Responsible for proofreading, copywriting and general management of collateral material to ensure compliance with company design requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
§ 10+ years of prior PR/Communications/Social experience preferred.
§ Highly creative and dynamic individual. A hands on, out-of-the-box thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude.
§ Results oriented and highly organized with strong attention to detail.
§ Excellent communication skills– writing and speaking
§ Prior experience and deep knowledge of PR and social media applications.
§ Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other related field preferred.
§ Minimal travel required.