Head of Global DTC Platform and Marketing
SodaStream DTC (direct-to-consumer) is the owned & operated e-commerce arm of SodaStream where daily interactions with consumers translate into high growth and continuous learnings.
The DTC Global team serves as a center of excellence and is made up of cross-functional professionals who design, launch, manage and grow DTC business in SodaStream markets around the globe. This is where a start-up’s appetite for speed, innovation and efficiency meets the stability and resources of a strong, much loved and fast growing brand.
As Head of Global DTC Platform and Marketing, you will lead the website strategy, in charge of everything from road mapping, designing, executing, optimizing and iterating and you will own the funnel from performance marketing, consumer acquisition, onboarding, conversion and checkout experiences, working closely with all markets. You will be responsible for conversion rate performance laddering up to AOV and revenue metrics.
You will report to the Global Chief Marketing Officer and manage a group of amazing digital product managers, developers, growth and performance marketers, and work with designers, data analysts, creatives, and more to execute your roadmap.
You will be the go-to person for best practices, new developments and industry insights when it comes to e-Commerce experience and conversion rate optimization.
You will work closely with the markets to capture needs, get feedback and drive alignment on business plans, goals and digital products roadmap and collaborate with IT, data science, insights & analytics, Marcom and customer service to plan, design and execute.
You will create and manage the reporting to all markets on performance marketing campaigns, site performance, user behavior, optimization initiatives and KPIs delivery.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead the DTC platform vision and strategy
- Create a best-in-class consumer experience and ensure comprehensive information on the website about products, services and the brand
- Responsible for website UI/UX, design, development, funnel optimization, new features & offers, next-gen technology tools and content creation
- Utilize the outputs of data analysis to improve and optimize site performance
- Set team strategy through analysis of historical marketing data
- Work closely with the markets to drive alignment
- Provide reporting to markets and business owners
- Define and bring to life a vision for how our platform can reach users, engage and convert them, serve them and start a relationship with them
- Incorporate the agile development process for website and campaign optimization, which will be key to rapidly improving performance of the platform.
- Always optimize, removing purchase barriers and creating a consumer-centric experience
- Highlight the distinct voice, positioning and look and feel of the brand.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- BA/BS and 7-10 years of experience in e-commerce & account management and a proven track record as a leader of growing an e-commerce platform.
- Demonstrate knowledge in organic and paid search, social media, site design, landing page conversion testing, funnel optimization etc.
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills
- Must be analytical and able to extract meaning from data and use this to optimize a team’s approach to drive revenue. Have a solid critical thinking able to quickly connect technical and business ‘dots’.
- Ability to establish and run a high-performance e-commerce platform, while offering a best-in-class consumer experience, comprehensive product information, inspiring brand presentation, enhanced customer service and personalization options.
- Being able to align efforts across Content, Marketing, Product, Technology, Markets’ service, Finance and Strategy, while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, is a key requirement.
- Excellent managerial and project management skills, leading cross organization projects with multiple stakeholders.
- A self-starter; works closely with senior management while proactively looks for solutions; energetic and enthusiastic about the opportunity to transform our way of work.
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure, juggling multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Looks on the bright side & enjoys drinking sparkling water.