Location: Pennsauken, NJ
As a Warehouse Worker at SodaStream USA, you are responsible for working in various functions throughout our Gas Filling plant in Pennsauken, NJ. This includes the filling line, receiving, heat tunnel, devalving, degas area and other core functions throughout the facility.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Scanning packages into the system to ensure credits are closed in a timely manner.
· Using equipment provided to manually load cylinders into the chambers for degassing.
· Remove labels from existing cylinders as needed, inspect cylinder sleeves for possible damage, validate that the cylinder is still within lifecycle and sort based on findings.
Heat Tunnel Station
· Using heat station, place label on empty cylinder and pass through heat station. Make sure label is properly assembled and prepare cylinder for next station.
· Prepares final product for filling station.
· Responsible for loading cylinders onto automated line.
· Handles PLC controls and adjusts parameters as needed to optimize line.
· Addresses any variances on the line and ensures successful completions of fill cycle.
· Collects filled cylinders, placing into box to prepare for shipment.
· Prepares pallet for shipment.
· As a backline operator, maybe required to test and validate fill cycle of cylinder, recording deviation information and resolving issue.
· General cleaning required of the line including dusting, sweeping etc.
· Opening and manually dumping cylinders from boxes to prepare for degassing.
· Manually removing or replacing valves, cleaning valves or inspecting cylinder valves.
· Manually configuring boxes, feeding automated box maker or creating/installing inserts.
· Using motorized pallet jack or forklift, may be required to transport pallets and boxes to various stations withing the warehouse (forklift certification is preferred).
· Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS:
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Strong work ethic, ability to meet KPI’s and report to work on time every day.
· Overtime will be required at times, which could include extended hours or weekends.
· Prior forklift certification preferred, recertification or initial certification will be completed when hired.
· Practice safe and effective methods of work.
· Warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
· Ergonomics evaluation of physical requirements of position (routinely requires standing, walking, squatting, lifting to 50lbs)
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.