Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will drive the forecasting process for every segment of business operations including: the sales & marketing planning function; category management and sales analytics. This role will be responsible for the overall development and deliverance of superior resources and tools to support the senior leadership team and enhance the overall forecasting accuracy of the company.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
o Work with senior leadership team to drive the forecasting process for every segment of business operations. Maintain a rolling monthly forecast model that is coordinated with the GL and Budget.
o Serve as key business partner and contributor to growth strategies, tactics and long-range planning, ensuring that current revenue-generating strategies are accretive to the company’s value.
o Responsible for sales forecast and analysis process. Participate in the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
o Direct preparation of the annual budget and budget tracking reports. Review actuals with management and provide for an understanding of variances.
o Establish annual top down sales revenue with required monthly updates, reviewed with local management and updated in TM1 (Cognos) in accordance with corporate deadlines (~ 15th of month). Calculate related cost of sales and gross margin by customer, sku and product category.
o Take responsibility for business analysis and decision support. Work with the VP-Finance to perform analysis and provide strategic insights derived from sales and customer level data that drive critical business decisions. Develop, implement and continuously optimize marketing analytics and success measurement including detailed analyses of pricing and attrition. Provides analytics to assist in the development of key account strategy and plans for Top 10 customers.
o Support major company investment opportunities such as capital investments, corporate partnerships and strategic alliances by leading the financial analysis of such opportunities.
o Liaise with the Operating Departments. Assist the groups with understanding and managing the costs of the business, within the groups and for the overall business. Support the maintenance of management and profitability reporting structures and generation of monthly financial reports including budget comparisons.
o Develops retail-level P&L for Trade Marketing group and helps validate ROI on sell-thru for consumer facing initiatives.
o Work closely with marketing group and field sales teams about progress, issues, initiatives, customers and other sales opportunities.
o Prepare and develop deal sheets for all sales programs in accordance with corporate gross margin and operating profit requirements. Obtain and track necessary approvals and reconcile results versus approved deal sheets.
o Overall reporting responsibility includes:
- Monthly reporting which includes but is not limited to; sales performance, variance analysis between actual & forecast, recap of units and revenue.
- Quarterly reporting includes but not limited to; Sales revenues, Quarterly Business Review (QBR) preparation and other required corporate/audit requirements.
- Annual reporting includes; budget, year-end sales report reporting related to annual audit/SOX.
o Develop process to conduct quantitative analysis on ROI, trends, identification of opportunity/risk, cannibalization, probability, modelling, etc. Responsible for identifying key opportunities for inventory across all products lines and provide actionable solutions to address inventory shortfalls or overages, revenue and profit shortfalls.
o Complete special financial, administrative and ad hoc projects upon request.
o Other tasks as assigned.
Experience & Expertise
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in finance with experience as a business partner.
• Management experience in CPG marketing (3-5 years), with an outstanding track record of growth & expertise in the sales forecasting & analysis.
• Very organized with excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
• Advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to logically structure an appropriate analytical framework. Strong analytical skills. Ability to establish and manage KPI’s and P&L’s.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word,). Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis.
• Prior ERP systems (especially Oracle, Cognos) experience preferred.
• Must be a hands-on manager who is not afraid to dig and get the job done while mentoring team members and encouraging the company’s mission.
• Ability to manage personnel.