The Quality Technician is responsible for conducting sampling, inspection, auditing, testing, documentation and review during the manufacturing processes to ensure that products comply with quality standards. Supports and promotes overall safety and quality program initiatives within the plant environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform incoming sampling, inspection and documentation of materials and packaging
- Perform incoming sampling, inspection and documentation of return products at receiving and sorting areas
- Perform receiving, inspection and documentation of incoming Carbon Dioxide CO2 loads
- Perform in process inspection on products and complete process audits to ensure conformity and compliance to standards
- Perform finish product quality sampling, testing and documentation on weight, leak, clean, torque and product condition
- Collect, review and analyze the quality data from all incoming, in-process and finish products process checks
- Review and revise existing work instructions, forms and checklist and create new documents as needed
- Assist with coaching and training of plant employees
- Provide assessment, documentation and reporting on non-conforming materials and products in the plant
- Assist with root cause and corrective _preventative actions for non-conformance in the plant
- Review and maintain quality testing devices verification and calibration
- Ensure all safety and work procedures are followed in the efficient use of PPE
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma plus 1-2 years of prior quality technician experience, preferably in a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with FSSC 22000, ISO 22000, ISO 9001 and Canadian Regulations
- Strong ability to work with data by performing quality-related calculations and statistical analysis.
- Ability to perform problem solving utilizing evidence-based approach, root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action
- Detail oriented, goal oriented and ability to complete tasks under deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated ability to influence.
- Strong work ethic, detail to attention and teamwork.