Lead personnel are responsible for assisting in the hiring, training and instructing department employees in their job functions in addition to working the core functions of the department. Under limited supervision, assists in the planning and delegation of work assignments, orientation of new employees and set-ups of tools, equipment, methods and procedures in work areas. Participates in employee discipline and performance discussions. Must be a strong communicator and creates an environment of team work.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the hiring, training, scheduling of the team in order to meet established production schedules as required.
- Reviews production schedules, plans staffing schedules to meet requirements, identifies any bottle neck areas and works with Supervisor to role staffing and/or production issues.
- Conducts department safety inspections daily, ensures compliance with job safety requirements and reports any unsafe conditions/hazards to Supervisor immediately.
- Records, monitors and verifies that quality and production data/metrics meets Sodastream standards. Communicates production records, quality sheets, and entries by using company methods daily. Reports deviations and issues with manufacturing processes to the Supervisor/management as needed
- Enforces use of personal protective equipment; and ensures daily pre-use checklist for equipment is completed at start of shift.
- Conducts department meetings as needed and effectively communicates with cross functional departments in a timely manner in person or via email.
- Maintains equipment, tooling and inventory supplies in good functional order. Prepare the necessary reports and provide update to Supervisor. Assists in setting up machines and equipment when appropriate and as needed.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems when appropriate.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Graduate or equivalent or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in administrative/operational procedures such as; manufacturing and/or engineering documentation; work schedules, set-ups, safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal skills, and other technical skills to properly direct, assist, and train personnel.
- Experience in Microsoft Office required including Word and Excel.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus but not required.