Production Sorting Lead
As a Production Sorting Lead you are responsible for assisting in the hiring, training and instructing department employees in their job functions in addition to working the core functions of the department. As a working lead you will assist in the planning and delegation of work assignments, orientation of new employees and set-ups of tools, equipment, methods and procedures in work areas. Participates in employee discipline and performance discussions. Must be a strong communicator and creates a collaborative work environment for team work.
Monday – Friday, 7AM to 3:30 PM
Monday – Friday, 3:30 PM to 12 AM
Flexibility to work Overtime
- Overall operation of Sorting Line.
- Using equipment provided to degas cylinders to ensure empty.
- Remove label from existing cylinder, inspect cylinder sleeves for nicks or possible damage, validate cylinder is still within lifecycle, count and sort cylinders to prepare for filling.
- Load cylinders into appropriate containers based on findings in sorting process.
- Using motorized pallet jack, transports pallets and boxes to various stations within warehouse
- Participates in the hiring, training, scheduling of the team in order to meet established production schedules as required.
- Reviews production schedules, plans staffing schedules to meet requirements, identifies any bottle neck areas and works with Supervisor to role staffing and/or production issues.
- Conducts department safety inspections daily, ensures compliance with job safety requirements and reports any unsafe conditions/hazards to Supervisor immediately.
- Records, monitors and verifies that quality and production data/metrics meets Sodastream standards. Communicates production records, quality sheets, and entries by using company methods daily. Reports deviations and issues with manufacturing processes to the Supervisor/management as needed
- Enforces use of personal protective equipment; and ensures daily pre-use checklist for equipment is completed at start of shift.
- Conducts department meetings as needed and effectively communicates with cross functional departments in a timely manner in person or via email.
- Maintains equipment, tooling and inventory supplies in good functional order. Prepare the necessary reports and provide update to Supervisor. Assists in setting up machines and equipment when appropriate and as needed.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems when appropriate.
Water Made Exciting!
At SodaSteam, we are growing fast and looking for problem-solvers and thought leaders that are ready to grow with us. If you have the ambition and determination, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. We have fantastic benefits and a variety of perks that create an outstanding work environment for all our employees.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- RRSP with Employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- High School Graduate or equivalent or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding of warehouse functions.
- Radio Frequency Scanners and Warehouse Management experience
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a FAST PACE environment
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be knowledgeable in administrative/operational procedures such as; work schedules, set-ups, safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal skills, and other technical skills to properly direct, assist, and train personnel.
- Experience in Microsoft Office required including Word and Excel.
- Ability clear criminal background check required.