Water Made Exciting!
At SodaSteam, we are growing fast and looking for problem-solvers and thought leaders that are ready to grow with us. If you have the energy and determination, then we'll provide the tools you need for success. We have fantastic benefits and a variety of perks that create an outstanding work environment for all our employees.
The Demand Planner will be responsible to develop, maintain and distribute regular monthly volume forecasts at a SKU level for new and existing products. You will be involved in all aspects of the business planning process and will interact closely with all internal departments, being responsible for achieving forecast accuracy targets at the SKU / category level. You are a strong communicator and effective advocate, exceptional in framing up decision making options, structuring and conveying clear, compelling analyses of alternatives and working to make stronger, higher impact decisions. You have the ability of influencing without authority by shaping the thinking and decisions of others broadly across an enterprise, as opposed to through direct line authority.
Forecasting Support (Approx. 80%):
- Lead the development of monthly statistically trended base demand for Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance and Sales while integrating forward-looking building block assumptions, e.g. category growth, seasonality, promotions, price changes, cross customer leakage, SKU cannibalization, product discontinuations, etc.
- Working with NAMs to gain the latest trade insights that could impact the forecast
- Continuously improve forecasts through evaluation of promotional activity, customer inventory changes, consumptions trends, category trends, media and advertising plans or extended service level impacts.
- Be fully versatile on explaining/documenting the Volume call
- Gain consensus from Sales, Finance & Marketing on key assumptions and changes to segment level volume in monthly bridge reviews.
- Prepare and facilitate monthly consensus meetings with the Sales and planning teams to provide insight and analysis to improve accuracy of the SKU level forecast
- Recommend supply allocations as necessary via “science and art”; aligned to strategy
- Prepare, monitor and publish forecast KPI’s on a weekly and monthly basis, taking corrective actions as necessary
Vendor Managed Inventory support (Approx. 20%):
- Responsible for generating customer replenishment orders to improve retailer / distributor sales and achieve inventory goals.
- Monitor ship to POS ratio by item summary and by store summary and reconcile against current on-hands being reported.
- Office based
- During COVID this role is based from home
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- RRSP with Employer match
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Minimum 5 years Forecast and Demand Planning experience
- CPG Experience (Preferably fast-moving consumables)
- Excellent systems and MS Office knowledge (e.g. Excel & Access)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; influencing without authority
- Process lead management (Lean Six Sigma an asset)
- Attention to detail, analytical, methodical & rigorous
- Good negotiation skills, collaborative
- Organized, reliable, flexible and results oriented
- Ability to effectively work through complex issues under tight timelines – critical thinker