SodaStream is the manufacturer of Sparkling Water Makers that changes tap water into fresh sparkling water in a few seconds. This Sparkling Water Maker allows people to create their own original sparkling beverages with surprisingly light or intense bubbles in a sustainable way. In fact, this device counteracts the consumption of single-use plastic bottles. That's SodaStream.
For our growing team in the Netherlands, we are looking for employees with similar characteristics as our unique products. Sparkling of energy, original and bold. Active participants (to our projects) who make the difference and think out of the box. Someone who chooses change, who dares to take calculated risks and who will always get the best out of themselves.
Are you interested and do you want to know more about SodaStream? Take a look at our website www.sodastream.nl
To strenghten our team we are looking for a:
The Mechanical Engineer mainly aimes to improve the plant capacity and productivity while Safety and Quality requirements are leading in all the activities and improvements. For this, the engineer’s focus is on the technical side of all production equipment of the plant to achieve the highest performance.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Is responsible for creating a safe working space for all employees, in accordance with company policy and regulations.
- Streamlining process flow processes, lowering production process costs.
- Purchases machines, equipment and new systems, upgrades old machines.
- Develops means of production and supports the implementation of infrastructure, utilities and equipment
- Detects process failures and finds solutions and alternatives.
- Establishes automated production lines combined with robotics and automation in close cooperation with Global team.
- Is responsible for acquiring government permits.
- Sets up training for new equipment in close collaboration with Opex engineer and responsible Managers.
HBO level is required, preferably in the field of (industrial or electro) engineering.
- A minimum of 2/3 years working experience as a mechanical engineer in a similar environment is required. Experience with industrial hygiene food production is desirable.
- Experience in working with MS Office is required.
- Experience in the Lean methodology is an advantage.
- Experience with project management is an advantage.
- Can make drawings in Cad/Solid works….
- Is responsible to calculate project cost /ROI’s
- Can reads tech drawings (electrical and mechanical)
- Is experienced in working with and programming PLC’s
- Experience in URS, FAT and SAT protocols
- Excellent level of English language is required.
- Experience in Dutch language is preferred.
What SodaStream has to offer?
SodaStream is a growing company and there are plenty of opportunities to grow with us. We offer you a fun, versatile and vibrant work environment in which you can adequately challenge and develop yourself. In addition, you will work in a fresh and open team, with lots of freedom and responsibilities in your work.